Per RCW 79.100, The Port of Allyn (Port) intends to take custody of the derelict and abandoned vessel that has no registration or name on February 23, 2017. The vessel is abandoned at 18650 E. State Route 3 in Allyn at the public dock, Mason County. After taking custody, the Port of Allyn may use or dispose of it without further notice.
To retain custody of the vessel, before the Custody Date, the owner must:
- Get authorization to moor or anchor the vessel in its current location, or
- Move it to an anchorage area, moorage facility, or storage location that authorizes the vessel, or
- Remove the vessel from the water.
To redeem the vessel once the Port of Allyn has taken custody, the owner must file a written request (one original and one copy) for a hearing with the Pollution Control Hearings Board, in person at 1111 Israel Rd, Tumwater WA, or by mail to PO Box 40903, Olympia WA 98504-0903, and serve one copy on the Port of Allyn at 18560 E. State Route 3, PO Box 1, Allyn, WA 98524.
The appeal must include the following information:
- a copy of the decision you are appealing;
- your name and address (mailing and legal, if different) and, if applicable, the name and address of your representative;
- a daytime phone number;
- a brief statement why you are appealing;
- a statement of what you want the Board to do;
- the signature of you or your representative. [This signature certifies that the content of the appeal is true.]
The written request can be submitted immediately but cannot be filed any later than Date 03/25/2017 (Appeal Date).
The right to a hearing is deemed waived if a request is submitted late, and the owner is liable for any costs owed to the Port of Allyn. These costs may include all administrative costs incurred by Port, removal and disposal costs, and costs associated with environmental damages directly or indirectly caused by the vessel. In the event of litigation, the prevailing party is entitled to reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs.
The Port of Allyn reserves the right to pursue any other remedies available under law. For more information, contact Lary Coppola, Executive Director at (360) 275-2430 or email@example.com.